Saturday, July 01, 2006

This weeks wallpaper by National Geographic



Tenere desert, Niger, 1997


I have always been fascinated by the mysteries on earth, and here is a good example! An additional reason why I have decided to add this picture on my desktop is also because I loved the summery colours of it..

And here is the description of the photo:

Stark circle of rock measuring about 60 feet [18 meters] in diameter likes in the T?n?r? desert, desert below the massif of Adrar Madet in Niger. Roughly a mile away in each of the four cardinal directions, similarly crafted arrows point away from the circle, whose origin, purpose, and age remain a puzzle."

(Text and photograph from "Journey to the Heart of the Sahara," March 1999, National Geographic magazine)

Of course this is taken by National Geographic as it I received it in a newsletter. You can add it as a wallpaper to you own desktop simply by click the link above and either save it directly as a wallpaper or simply add it into you National Geographic image gallery pictures... have a splending and creative week.
_____________________________
PS: and for the Greeks boiling in 35 Celcius, I wish you manage to get at the nearest beach this weekend lads and lassies!!

For us up here, where we will be joining the scorching hot sun and the beaches and the sand the big blue of the sky after the beginning of August.

Yesh, yesh I can officially announce that I will be in Thessaloniki by August and for the whole of the month at least...preparing for holidays and open to any island suggestions you might have there for me.

For my dear Irish and other international good friends, you know that you are more than welcome to join the fun!!

No comments:

Recent Comments